Duck is a dish that is seldom seen on most people’s table, but it’s a delectable treat that will tantalize your taste buds like never before. Think crispy, fall-off-the-bone goodness that is generously seasoned and mouth-wateringly juicy. This recipe will teach you how to cook crispy skin duck breast to perfection, and you won’t believe how easy it is.
2 duck breasts
Salt & pepper to taste
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp clear honey
Ad: Breads: Keto and Low Carb Recipes: Volume 1 - Lin Switzerland
- Preheat your oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- Slash the skin of the duck breasts with a sharp knife 3-4 times, being careful not to cut into the flesh.
- Season the breast with salt, pepper, and five-spice powder, rubbing it well all over.
- Heat a dry frying pan until hot, then place the duck breasts in the pan, skin side down.
- Cook the duck for 5-6 minutes on medium heat until the skin is crispy and golden.
- At this point, turn the duck breasts over and transfer to a baking sheet, skin side up.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes (for medium-rare) until the internal temperature is 60C.
- Remove the duck breasts from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat honey and garlic in a saucepan until the mixture is liquid.
- Brush honey and garlic mixture over the duck breasts before slicing and serving.
It's the perfect time to let your taste buds go for a crispy, salty journey! With the perfect balance of five spices, garlic, honey, and oil, this duck breast dish is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser. With its crispy, golden skin and tender, pink meat, it's a meal to remember.
Duck is rich in flavour and has a luscious texture. The secret to crispy skin duck breast is to make sure the skin is crispy while the meat is cooked to perfection. It's essential to score the skin of the duck before seasoning it, which will allow the fat to render down during cooking and ensure maximum crispiness. Be careful not to overcook the duck breast, or it will become dry.
Now that you know the recipe for crispy skin duck breast, take the plunge and try it out for yourself. The serving is perfect with roasted potatoes and fresh vegetables. This recipe will undoubtedly take you on a taste adventure, a food experience you won't forget. So, what are you waiting for, take your taste buds on a journey and try out this decadent recipe for crispy skin duck breast.